Thursday, March 5, 2009

reading reading reading

it's quite overwhelming how much there is that i want to read, and i feel quite certain i could spend my entire life reading and still never feel like I'd exhausted my perpetual reading list. I just finished Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides, I then started a book of interviews with Bob Dylan called Dylan on Dylan (if this blog is anything to go by, it's clear I was on a little Dylan binge a few weeks ago), before I got distracted by Oscar Wilde and The Picture of Dorian Gray... " We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless." Ohhh, Oscar, you devil!

So, that's a lot of novels... and the amount of critical reading I'm doing is diminishing at an alarming rate. I'm a bit lost without the uni library, and not convinced that the State library is an adequate substitute. Help!

2 comments:

  1. how good is middlesex?!...I like your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. middlesex is great! silkworms are so cool! as is androgyny...

    and thanks, i like your blog too zoe/maynard, whichever of you this is. blog love!

    ReplyDelete